At IonQ, we are developing industry-leading, general-purpose quantum computers to address a broad array of applications. In the process, we hope to revolutionize computing as we know it by unleashing the power of quantum.
Since the personal computing revolution kicked off in the 1970s, computers have improved by leaps and bounds as transistors have decreased in size and increased in power in accordance with Moore's Law. In fact, today’s smartphones are orders of magnitude more powerful than any of the early supercomputers. Despite these advances, however, there remains a multitude of large, complex, and important problems that cannot be addressed by even the world’s most powerful computers today. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that solutions to these problems will ever be within reach given the physical barriers to progress now that transistors are approaching the size of individual atoms, a scale at which classical physics breaks down entirely.
Quantum computing represents a radical departure from classical computing and has the potential to overcome these limitations by embracing the quantum phenomena, such as superposition and entanglement, that emerge at atomic scale. Quantum computers’ ability to perform incredibly complex calculations and data processing exponentially faster than classical computers opens up a world of possible commercial and scientific applications. The potential is staggering, and though we are still in the early days of quantum computing, we anticipate that the technology will transform industries and facilitate breakthroughs in areas as disparate as machine learning, molecular interaction
Get in Touch
4505 Campus Drive
College Park, MD 20740
Senior Web Designer
Senior Web Designer
IonQ is building the world’s first fully-expressive, full-stack quantum computer based on trapped ion technology. Quantum computing is poised to reshape medicine, materials, simulation, and much more. We're looking for a few great engineers to build out our Quantum Operating System. The full software stack covers the lowest level FPGA hardware interfaces up through a kernel, compilers, languages and cloud APIs.
To support our rapid growth, we are hiring creative, team-minded individuals with top skills in their areas of expertise and a commitment to success. We are currently seeking a Senior Web Developer at our College Park location. US Citizenship is desired.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Convert design mockups into dynamic applications
- Perform usability testing for presentation layer defects
- Optimizing applications for cross-device compatibility
- Keep up to date with the latest standards and techniques
- Work with back-end developers to integrate processing and data
- Work with teams to identify project risks and mitigate them
- Implementation of site rollouts and resolution of site issues
- Experience administering Unix / Linux
- Proven problem-solving capabilities
- Success working collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with template frameworks
- A desire for keeping up with the latest and evolving web technologies including responsive web design, HTML5, CSS3, Node.js or other JS frameworks
- Ability to design workable solutions to problems in a timely manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently while paying strict attention to detail
IONQ is developing world-leading general-purpose quantum information processors. Our unique trapped ion approach combines unmatched physical performance, perfect qubit replication, optical networkability, and highly-optimized algorithms to create a quantum computer that is as scalable as it is powerful and that will support a broad array of applications across a variety of industries.
David Moehring, PhD
Christopher Monroe, PhD
Co-Founder & Chief Scientist
Jungsang Kim, PhD
Co-Founder & CSO
General Partner, NEA
Jeong H. Kim
Former President, Bell Labs
General Partner, GV